Those who, in good or bad faith, criticize the actual Cuban political system are willingly or unwillingly unaware of the fact that the Cuban Parliament is supported by five main pillars of a genuine, real democracy, to wit:
* The people freely and democratically proposes and nominates its candidates.
* The people elects them by simple majority in a direct and secret ballot.
* The people can recall them at any moment during their term of office.
* The people systematically oversees their work.
* The people participates with them in taking the most important decisions.